Say What? Gluten-Free & Refined Sugar-Free Double Chocolate Pancakes
Written by James Kicinski-McCoy
Photography by Photographed By Karla Salinari
Our in-house food flip authority, Karla Salinari, is back with a guiltless spin on everyone’s favorite breakfast classic. If you’re like us and have been craving pancakes (because let’s be real, who’s ever not craving those golden, buttery stacks), you may have to prepare yourself for today’s plot twist. Not only does Salinari offer a gluten and refined sugar-free version, but this recipe also promises double the chocolate. We know, we wish you could taste them through the screen, too. But, until technology improves, you’ll just have to make this recipe for yourself and trust us when we say that they out-of-this-world delicious.
2 cup all-purpose, gluten-free flour
1/2 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
3 Tbsp. cocoa powder
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1 1/2 cup dairy-free milk
1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
1 Tbsp. ghee, melted (more for frying)
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients: flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Then, in a small bowl, mix together the wet ingredients including the eggs, milk, vanilla, and ghee.
- Combine egg mixture with the flour blend in the large bowl. Add chocolate chips, and mix well.
- Place a griddle or frying pan over low-medium heat and melt the ghee. Pour about 1/4 cup of batter into the pan and cook 3-4 minutes until bubbles start to appear on the surface. Flip and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Repeat the process with remaining batter.
- Separate into plates and add a drizzle of maple syrup and sprinkle of chocolate chips. Serve and enjoy for breakfast, lunch, or dinner!
Share this story