Personalized Kid Gifts That Are Actually Cool
Written by James Kicinski-McCoy
So, you want to get your friend’s baby or child a personalized gift. Problem is, most gifts that fall under this category can be a little cheesy. Not to fear, it is possible to gift the kiddo you have in mind with something that’s just for them—and actually cool. Here’s a quick list of some no-fail gift ideas for littles that have their name written all over them, literally.
1. Baby blankets. When it comes to getting a gift to celebrate a new baby, one thing that you can be sure they will need and use is a blanket. The market is saturated with personalized blankies with not-so-cool fonts to choose from, but we’ve done some searching and found a few that we love. This soft-knit stroller blanket and this adorable heirloom quilt. We also love the customizable bear blanket by Roxy Marj. You can have anything you want from a name to a special phrase painted on its belly. These cashmere versions by Restoration Hardware Baby & Child are chic, too.
2. Personalized books. Kids love story time, so why not make it extra special with a book all about them? Some of our favorites are Two Hands To Love, Who Loves Me?, Speedster, and these versions by Lostmy.Name.
4. Alphabet trains. All kids love to play with trains. Give them a choo-choo that spells out their name. A fun way to play and learn how to spell.
5. Artwork. We love the idea of having some personalized art hanging on the nursery walls. This stork print comes in three colors and celebrates the day baby was born. Or, if the kids are a little older you can make them feel special with this cute peanut butter print, a personalized pennant from Roxy Marj, or spell out their name in these cool metal letters.
6. Clothing. Gift the little lady or gent with some adorable name-worthy apparel. These little namesake leggings are too cute and this t-shirt is perfect for a tiny superhero in training. Meanwhile, this NYC-based company takes your child’s artwork and puts it on t-shirt or bag, batik-style!
7. Candy. If the gift ideas above don’t float your boat, you can always count on something sugary-sweet to win over a kid’s heart. Send them some personalized M&Ms with their name or photo on each piece. You can even choose their favorite colors to make the gift a total home run!
Share this story