Our Travel Bag Beauty Stash
Written by James Kicinski-McCoy
When preparing for a trip, big or small, you want to keep it light when it comes to packing, especially if you’re traveling with the kids and all their gear. To aid you in your quest to look and feel your best while on the road (and in the skies), we’ve put together a list of our top beauty essentials. Time to stock up, jet setter!
1. Toiletries bag: You need a bag that’s just a tad bit bigger than a normal makeup pouch, since you’ll be packing a little more than mascara. Samudra Hanging Palm Pouch, $65, Shopbop.
2. BB cream: We think BB cream is the greatest beauty invention on earth. Moisturizer, sunscreen, and coverage all in one. Talk about space saving! Dr. Jart+ Water Fuse Beauty Balm SPF 25/PA ++, $34, Sephora.
3. Dry shampoo/hair powder: For those days when washing your hair just isn’t in the cards. Lavender + Clary Sage Hair Powder, $30, Lulu Organics.
4. Tweezers: For the stray hair or splinter. Tweezerman Pink Perfection Slant Tweezer, $22, Sephora.
5. Cleansing Towelettes: A quick and easy way to cleanse your face and remove makeup in one swipe. First Aid Beauty Gentle Cleansing Wipes, $15, Sephora.
7. Lip/cheek stain: It’s important to look fresh and full of life while on the road. A two-in-one berry-colored stain will give you a pretty, rosy glow. Benefit Cosmetics Benetint, $30, Sephora.
8. Roller-ball perfume: You’d be surprised by how many of your favorite fragrances are now available in roller-ball form. They’re compact, perfect for travel, and ideal for those who don’t want to splurge on a big bottle. Fresh Sugar Lychee Rollerball, $22, Sephora.
9. Body moisturizer: Different climates can do strange things to your skin. Bring along a small bottle of lotion to keep your skin hydrated and happy. Creme de Corps, $29.50, Kiehl’s.
10: Waterproof mascara: Vacationing near a beach, lake, or pool? Better arm yourself with a good waterproof mascara to prevent raccoon eyes. Yves Saint Laurent Volume Effet Faux Cils Waterproof Luxurious Mascara, $30, Sephora.
11: Lip salve: Dry lips and chapped skin are common when traveling. Bring along a good salve to keep your lips moist, as well as elbows and other rough patches. Lucas’ Papaw Ointment, $12.77, Amazon.
12: Deodorant: There’s nothing worse that coming up a little ripe while exploring. Be sure to pack a fresh and clean, sweat-reducing deodorant that will keep you dry. Malin + Goetz Eucalyptus Deodorant, $24, Amazon.
Share this story