10 Questions To Ask Yourself As You Wrap 2018 & Enter 2019
Written by Katie Hintz-Zambrano
Photography by Photo Courtesy of Erika Layne Photography
And just like that, 2018 is nearly behind us. In order to close out the year and firmly move into 2019 in the best way possible, we love a good reflection exercise. This one, which is somewhat creativity-focused, comes from Mother favorite, author, and mother of two Alexandra Elle, who releases her latest journal—Today I Affirm: A Journal that Nurtures Self-Care—on January 1, 2019. (You can pre-order it here). Just grab some paper, a pen, and the Q’s below (plus, here are 10 more questions to ponder). And, if you want to take it a step further, try gathering some friends and do the exercise together.
1. What is my work?
2. How does creativity show up in my life?
3. Make an affirmation list starting with: I am creative in (list the ways)
4. In what ways am I silencing my creative self?
5. How can I free my creative voice?
6. List 3 ways you can make more time to do something you love.
7. List 3 new things you wish to explore in the new year.
8. Make a list of intentions (not goals) that you plan on holding close in 2019.
9. What bad habits am I leaving in 2018?
10. How can I make more time to nurture the desires of my heart?
Share this story